Young Woman Engineer 2013
The Young Woman Engineer (YWE) award recognises a young woman who has firmly established herself as an energetic and technically excellent professional.
The six 2013 Young Woman Engineer of the Year Award finalists were:
- Victoria Martin, Senior Structural Engineer, Expedition Engineering
- Sara Underwood, Higher Apprentice, Rolls-Royce plc
- Abbie Hutty, Spacecraft Structures Engineer, Astrium
- Marie Adeyemi, Lead Aerospace Engineer, Atkins
- Sarah Turnbull, Advanced Practical Apprentice, Rolls-Royce plc
- Yasmin Ali, Operations Engineer, E.ON Exploration and Production
Watch the six 2013 finalists at work, talking about what it's like to be a female engineer and the amazing things they have achieved so far.